Re: [AMBER] Installaiton of pmemd for Amber16

From: Ryoichi Utsumi <u.ryoichi1123.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 22:16:40 +0900

Hi, David,

Thank you for your comments. I solved this problem by
installation of the serial version of pmemd.cuda.
Thank you for your comments.
I want to ask you a little bit more on pmemd of Amber16, .

For the preparation of the TI calculations, I saw discussions
in the amber ML, and then I changed the orders of the atoms
in my PDB file; i.e., I moved metals in a protein just below
each subunit (before it, the metals were below all of the
protein atoms).

Subunit 1
Metals
Subunit 2
Metals
.
.
.

After changing the order of metals in PDB file, the minimization was
apparently successful, but the TI calculation has still stopped at
~58 000 steps with too high DV/DL values.
So, some illegal descriptions are still left in my molecular topology (?)
and/or others.

Could I ask how I can identify the inappropriate or illegal orders of
atoms ? Or, could you tell me fundamental rules to determine
the order of atoms ?

I would be very happy to hear some ideas/suggestions to solve
the problems. Thank you in advance,

Sincerely yours,
Ryoichi