Re: [AMBER] installation error

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:08:43 +0000

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, ilhan.yavuz wrote:

> use netcdf
> 1
>Fatal Error: Cannot read module file ‘netcdf.mod’ opened at (1), because
>it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran
>compilation terminated.
>
>The mpif90 info is below:
>
>GNU Fortran (GCC) 7.0.1 20170326 (experimental)
>Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
>NO
>warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>PURPOSE.

What does "gfortran --version" report? Basically, when you compiled the
serial version of Amber, it compiled netcdf with gfortran (assuming that
you asked for gnu compilers when you built the serial version.) When it
compiles the parallel code, it uses mpif90, which (as you point out
above) is gcc 7.0.1 on your machine. So you need to make sure that the
serial build used the exact same version of gfortran.

....hope this helps....dac

p.s. unless you are an expert, we recommed compiling netcdf rather than
trying to grab it from some repository. You will need both C and
Fortran bindings, and it can be tricky to get everything right.