Re: [AMBER] Error creating topology and coordinates file

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 11:01:46 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Charalampos,

OXT is expected in C terminal residues, while H2 and H3 are expected in N terminal residues...

My guess is that passing the PDB structure through Desmond either removed the TER statements or the Chain IDs, which in any case prevented AMBER (LEAP) from correctly define ASP and PRO as terminals (CASP, NPRO).

If that was the case, then you should see a (long?) bond linking the backbone atoms of both residues while visualizing the topology and coordinate in VMD (i.e. "vmd TOP.prmtop CORD.rst7")

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]