Re: [AMBER] Recent Force Fields for nucleotides

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:52:54 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Alessandro,

Notice, you can get the new version of AMBER Tools (19) free for academics from the website.

You can check the following paper for an update on DNA force fields:

# How accurate are accurate force-fields for B-DNA? NAR, 2017 [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5397185]

From which I would say parmbsc1 or OL15 are very good choices (both already implemented in AMBER since AMBER Tools 16). I prefer the former parameter set but it's a matter of taste... however, both force fields should run OK on older version of the code...

I'm not familiar in using polarizable force fields, but there seems to be recent developments [https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.7b00067] (top result in a google search)

Best,