Re: [AMBER] memtestG80 alternative ? - testing actual GPUs regarding soft errors

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 21:52:02 -0400

Hi Marek,

AMBER is still by far the most 'reliable' software I know of for 'breaking' GPUs. ;-) Just take the benchmark suite from the AMBER website. Take the STMV test case, make sure ig is set to a positive integer and adjust nstlim so it will run for about 2 hours - then set that to loop 12 times so it runs over 24 hours. At the end diff the outputs against each other. They should all be identical. If they aren't then you have something wrong with your GPU - bad memory, overclocked etc.

All the best
Ross