Re: [AMBER] Modeling of flexible enzyme: on the selection of the thermostat

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:18:14 +0200

First, I would like to express my big gratefull for everyone for these
very usefull suggestions! Please find below some of my additional
questions.

Regarding berendsen thermostat - may the dynamics (e.g. transitions
observed for functionally-relevant domains, such as flexible loops of
enzymes) observed with this temperature coupling method be an
artifact, expecially in the cases when I do simulations at high
temperatures (330, 350, 400K) or alternatively using accelerated MD?

Regarding, langevin's dynamics- may I run production run for the
perdiod of 100 ns without restarting system using random seed ? Would
it be neccesary step-by-step decrease gamma_ln during the
equilibration in order to equilibrate flexible system (which consist
of several long loops, for instance)?

Yours with thanks,

Professor James Starlight