Re: [AMBER] Heating Error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:39:19 -0400

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019, Akinpelu Olayinka wrote:

>After running Partial and Full minimization for my system of a protein
>and a ligand (GDP) complex, the Heating process is giving the following
>error
>
>Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
>
>     deviation is too large
>     NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are :      0      1   2173   4302   4334

Look at what the geometry is around atoms 4302 and 4334. Are these part
of the GDP? Is either one a hydrogen?

>     Note: This is usually a symptom of some deeper
>     problem with the energetics of the system.

This means that you need to find the source of the underlying problem--
the SHAKE error is just a symptom, not a cause.

If you system has hydrogens connected to phosphates (e.g. in a
protonated GDP), and if those hydrogens have a zero vdW radius, that is
a common source of problems. But you will need to do some investigation
to see if you localize the problem some.

....dac