Re: [AMBER] Pressure regulation with position restraints

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:24:22 -0400

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019, Franz Waibl wrote:

>I am working on a system containing of 2 chains in explicit TIP3P
>solvent, and I want to restrain the solute for subsequent GIST
>calculations. However, the density of the NpT equilibrated system is
>significantly different depending on the restraint_wt setting.

Can you try a quick calculation with barostat=2? This avoids using the
virial, but I don't know if it solves the (thorny?) problem of how to
scale the box size while keeping some parts fixed (at their "unscaled"
positions.)

I hope others will chime in here: I know others on the list have thought
more about this issue than I have.

...dac