Re: [AMBER] ff19SB forcefield

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 13:35:11 -0300 (UYT)

Uhhh! That's good news...

It seems ff19SB uses CMAPs, which (as far as I know) aren't implemented in the native parameter files of AMBER... hence, there should be some development work in progress...

It also seems the water model is crucial for the good reproduction of NMR results, particularly ff19SB+TIP3P is worse than ff14SB+TIP3P (at least in some reported properties: Figs 9, S4, etc)...

Yet, it is intriguing the over-estimation of ff19SB in the helical propensity of K19 peptide (Fig. 10), which aminoacids (A and K) are among the best correlated with NMR experiments (Figs. 7 and 9D).

It would be interesting to see future application of ff19SB to IDPs...

Thanks for the update.

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]