[AMBER] "Official" / valid Amber-GAFF parameters for 1-octanol

From: Fotis Baltoumas <fbaltoumas.biol.uoa.gr>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:45:54 +0300

Greetings,

Are there any "official" (i.e. endorsed by the Amber FF / GAFF
development team) or, at least valid parameters for 1-octanol?

I plan to conduct water&octanol solvation energy estimations and logP
calculations for a set of compounds parametrized with GAFF and compare
them against experimental evidence.  Therefore, I need parameters to
model the octanol solvent, preferably parameters that have already been
validated and are, therefore, suitable for use in solvation/logP
calculations of other molecules.

I know that I could generate octanol parameters myself with GAFF and
antechamber (and then I would have to validate octanol itself), but I
was wondering if there was something available.

Kind regards,

Fotis Baltoumas

Fotis A. Baltoumas
Bioinformatics Postgraduate Programme
Section of Cell Biology and Biophysics
Department of Biology, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
Panepistimiopolis, Athens 157 01, GREECE