Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA radiopt effect on EDISPER

From: Thomas Gaillard <thomas.gaillard.polytechnique.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:49:08 +0200

Le Monday 13 May 2019 à 06:40:57PM, Thomas Gaillard a écrit :
> Dear AMBER developers,
>
> Comparing MMPBSA results with radiopt option set to 0 or 1, I obtain
> different values for the dispersion term (and of course for the PB term,
> but the same value for the cavity term). Is this expected?
>
> This was already mentioned
> (http://archive.ambermd.org/201702/0421.html).
>
> I was thinking that radiopt=1 would only affect the PB radii, not the
> radii used for the cavity and dispersion terms.
>
> Thanks for your time,

Hi,

I am adding an example to illustrate my question.

This is the PB test of MMPBSA.py
(AmberTools/test/mmpbsa_py/02_Poisson_Boltzmann) with radiopt set to 0
or 1:

MMPBSADI radiopt=0
&general
   startframe=1, endframe=2, interval=1,
   keep_files=0, debug_printlevel=2
/
&pb
   istrng=0.1, inp=2, radiopt=[01],
/

Only the receptor energies are reported.

radiopt=0:
EPB -3255.0199
EDISPER -1134.8265

radiopt=1:
EPB -3188.8747
EDISPER -1128.0331

Other terms (VDWAALS, EEL, ENPOLAR) are identical.

I recall my question: is it expected that the EDISPER term is affected
by radiopt?

I can make other tests if it can help.

Thanks,

--