Re: [AMBER] make test fail

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 13:21:31 -0400

On Fri, May 31, 2019, Sadaf Rani wrote:

>I have compiled amber 16 as follows:-
>./configure -mpi gnu
>make install
>export DO_PARALLEL='mpirun -np 2'
>make install
>make test
>
>but it gives error as mentioned below:-
>Running test to do simple lmod optimization
>

>ERROR in load_lbfgs(): YS=0.

Here's what you should do: download AmberTools19 from ambermd.org.
That will untar into a folder headed by "amber18". Install and test
that, setting that amber18 directory to be your AMBERHOME.

Then, go back to amber16/pmemd/src/pmemd and type "make install". This
will just make pmemd.MPI. If you cd to $AMBERHOME/test, and type "make
test", you will just be testing the pmemd.MPI code

Finally, put $AMBEHROME/bin in your PATH, and also put pmemd.MPI somewhere
in your PATH (easiest is cp pmemd.MPI $AMERHOME/bin).

Bottom line, you can (and should) use an up-to-date AmberTools along
with the amber16 version of pmemd. (Of course, even easier is to
upgrade to Amber18, but I understand that costs money.)

...hope this helps....dac

p.s. if you see a similar lmod error with AmberTools19, let us know the
details of your compilers and MPI installation.