Re: [AMBER] Changes to AmberTools antechamber Makefile

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 07:57:05 -0400

On Tue, May 28, 2019, Jocelyn Sunseri wrote:

>Starting with AmberTools18, the following antechamber-related programs seem
>to no longer be associated with the `all` or `install` targets in
>AmberTools/src/antechamber/Makefile: acdoctor, charmmgen, database, match,
>match_atomname, parmcal, and translate. This is because previously they
>were added to the PROGS variable but they aren't anymore. Was this
>intentional? Is it indicative of future deprecation?

It was intentional, as we were trying to keep down the complexity of the
install. acdoctor is now a part of antechamber itself, and the other
commands seemed to be rarely used.

That said, go ahead and add what need back to the PROGS variable. If
you let us know which one(s) you find useful, and why, we'll consider
adding them back to the list.

...dac