Re: [AMBER] compiling Amber Tools 19

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 01:45:21 +0000

On Mon, May 27, 2019, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

>I am trying to compile Amber Tools 19 on a computer with openSUSE
>Tumbleweed (x86_64). Both when using gcc 7.4.1 and gcc 8.3.1 I get
>errors like the one below (crti.o: file not recognized: file format not
>recognized).

No clue, but can you say more about your exact toolchain (why is
everything under a miniconda directory path?) and where are you in the
configure/compile step? That is, what part of the code is being
built, or what was the last thing that built correctly?

>I have previously compiled and used successfully Amber Tools 18 on the
>same machine (both compile gcc 8 and gcc 7)

My problem is that I can't tell from the snippets of error message you
gave even where to look, that is, which part of AmberTools19 fails.

..thx...dac