Re: [AMBER] DRMSD utility in cpptraj

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 13:15:48 +0000

Hi Daniel,
Sorry that I appear totally confused and I guess it will make more sense if you scan the publications ( https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/cmdc.201100237) and (https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002002&type=printable)

I have a set of hotspots on my ABL kinase (ABL kinase with 70000 waters + 440 C3N molecules as cosolvent) which are characterized by specific cartesian coordinates. I do a simple distance command to calculate the distance across the frames on the closest C3N to my hotspot, These hotspots are in ligand space and not on the protein as such, then these publications talk of a DRMS versus time where the DRMS is the interatomic distance between their protein's active site residues and the DMSO probe (in their case)

If I have the location of the hotspot only by a x,y,z points I do not know how to go about doing a DRMS calculation over the trajectory?

Am i able to clearly say what the issue is>?