Re: [AMBER] Random segfaults (invalid memory reference) in sander

From: Charo del Genio <the.paraw.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 16:45:27 +0100

Dear all,
        I am now 99% sure the bug is due to some weird interaction between OpenMPI and the Slurm scheduler we use on the cluster. I haven't (yet) figured out which component of OpenMPI causes the problem,
but everything works fine with mpich, so for the moment I will just switch to that and consider an active debugging of the issue a low-priority activity. For the record, the bug happens with all
versions of OpenMPI from 2.0.2 to 4 (excluded).

Cheers,

Charo

--
Dr. Charo I. del Genio