Re: [AMBER] tleap split lipid when it shouldn't

From: Dickson, Callum <callum.dickson.novartis.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 14:49:49 +0000

I'm not familiar with pdb4amber (why is this step required?) but this is changing the format of your membrane PDB file such that it is not read correctly by tleap and the lipid force field.

After charmmlipid2amber step [ charmmlipid2amber.py -i step5_assembly.pdb -o lip_amber.pdb ] - you should load "lip_amber.pdb" directly into tleap, as this has the correct format as outlined in the lipid tutorial.

It seems your reduce step just strips the hydrogens from the membrane - is there a reason for this step? Regardless, the membrane PDB you load finally into tleap should have lipid format matching "lip_amber.pdb".

Best,
Callum