Re: [AMBER] Thermostat question

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 03:22:16 -0400

The "hot solvent, cold protein" problem is a Berendsen thermostat issue, as
is the "flying ice cube." That's ntt = 1. If you use the Andersen or
Langevin thermostats (ntt = 2 or 3, respectively) I think you'r ein better
shape, although perusing the literature suggests that this hot/cold
partitioning is more insidious than I had thought. It seems that the thing
to do is use as weak a thermostat as you can, to minimize the
thermocoupling that gives rise to the temperature gradient between
components of your system.

Dave