Re: [AMBER] matching energies betwen amber-md and gromacs using amber parameters in both

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 12:32:28 +0200

Hello Akshay,

  There is a very nice tool called ACPYPE, written by Alan W Sousa da Silva
and Wim F Vranken [1]. You can download it at
https://github.com/alanwilter/acpype . We have recently ensured that 1-4
scaling is correctly done within this tool, meaning that Glycam06 is now
converted correctly [2] in addition to the other Amber force fields. We did
an extensive study to ensure that the parameters generate molecular
mechanics and MD observables that are essentially the same (i.e. within a
very small error) for a given Amber leap topology file is used in Amber and
when converted and used in Gromacs.

1. SOUSA DA SILVA, A. W. & VRANKEN, W. F. ACPYPE - AnteChamber PYthon
Parser interfacE. BMC Research Notes 2012, 5:367
doi:10.1186/1756-0500-5-367 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/5/367

2. Austen Bernardi, Roland Faller, Dirk Reith and Karl N. Kirschner, ACPYPE
update for Nonuniform 1--4 Scale Factors: Conversion of the GLYCAM06 Force
Field from AMBER to GROMACS, SoftwareX, accepted on April 25, 2019.

Bests,
Karl