Re: [AMBER] xleap display

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 12:58:47 +0000

On the server:
/etc/ssh/ssh_config
    ForwardX11 yes
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
    X11Forwarding yes

You might need to restart the X server for settings to take effect, not sure here.

On your local mac, I assume you have installed XQuartz, otherwise this is necessary

For openGL over X support (like using VMD) on macOS with XQuartz you now need to issue the following:
$ defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 enable_iglx -bool true
However this is not be needed to just view leap x-window over SSH.

If you can connect using SSH without X you should be able to forward without problems from a firewall, I have yet encountered these problems anyway as the traffic should be passed over SSH.

Best regards
// Gustaf