Re: [AMBER] More macOS compilation issues....

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:07:11 -0400

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

>So some good new! After updating my installed packages it turns out
>that version updates of gcc versions 4-8 now allows for the successful
>compilation of AmberTools (and amber?) using the gnu gcc compilers on
>macOS 10.14.4 and Xcode 10.2.1

Good to hear! I assume(?) you are using HomeBrew here? I have not been
able to get the macports compilers to work, even after updating to the
latest version.

> Possiblest re-compiling openmpi/mpich from source using gnu gcc.

The configure_mpich or configure_openmpi scripts in
AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src assist you in the process: you can choose the
compilers, and the resulting installation stays in AMBERHOME/bin and
AMBERHOME/lib.

...thanks for the update.....dac