Re: [AMBER] Problem in setting parameters for non standard DG residue:O6-Methylguanine

From: Xiaoting Mao <cos_mopolitan.163.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 17:48:14 +0800 (CST)

Dear Jena,

I have a non standard residue where adenosine has been modified to N6-threonylcarbamoyladenosine. I read the AMBER mailing list http://archive.ambermd.org/201002/0013.html ,and I have some questions. I am confused how to generate the RESP charges. I was wondering if you could kindly send me the details of information about how to get the point charges for 6OG, including Gaussian input ,output files, resp input, output files and so on.

I combine ESP of two molecules(DMP and modified nucleoside) to calculate the point charges of the modified nucleotide.I set inter-molecular charge constraints between the two Dimethylphosphate methyl atoms and the HO3' and HO5' hydroxyl atoms of a nucleoside. But I find that the charge of these six atoms after RESP2 fit is not zero. So when I build the central fragment of a modified nucleotide, the sum of charge is not integral. If it is convenient, can you help me find out what is wrong ?

Steps:
1.Charge Derivation for the modified nucleotide.
1.1 optimize geometry for dimethylphosphate(DMP) and modified nucleoside

1.2 calculate electrostatic potentials(ESP) for dimethylphosphate(DMP) and modified nucleoside

1.3 convert the Gaussian ESP data into the RESP format
command: espgen -i DMP_esp.out -o DMP.esp
                 espgen -i t6A_side_esp.out -o t6A_side.esp
                 cat DMP.esp t6A_side.esp> t6A_tide_esp1.esp

1.4 run the RESP fit
I set inter-molecular charge constraints between the two Dimethylphosphate methyl atoms and the HO3' and HO5' hydroxyl atoms of a nucleoside. I also set the equivalent of sugar atoms that a modified nucleoside to a normal nucleoside, and some other constraints.
command1:resp -O -i t6A_resp1.in -o t6A_resp1.out -p t6A_resp1.pch -t t6A_resp1.chg -q t6A_resp1.qin -e t6A_tide_esp1.esp
command2:resp -O -i t6A_resp2.in -o t6A_resp2.out -p t6A_resp2.pch -t t6A_resp2.chg -q t6A_resp1.chg -e t6A_tide_esp1.esp

t6A-RESP1 RUN #1
 &cntrl
 nmol=2,
 ihfree=1,
 qwt=0.0005,
 iqopt=2,
 /
    1.0
DMP
   -1 13
   15 -1
    8 -1
    8 -1
    8 -1
    8 -1
    6 0
    6 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0

    1.0
t6A

   -1 48
    7 0
    7 0
    7 0
    7 0
    7 0
    7 0
    6 -1
    6 -1
    6 -1
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    6 0
    8 -1
    8 0
    8 0
    8 0
    8 0
    8 0
    8 0
    6 -1
    8 -1
    6 -1
    1 -1
    1 -1
    1 -1
    1 -1
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 0
    1 -1
    1 -1
    1 -1

         Intra and/or inter-molecular charge restraints for atom or group of atoms

    6 0.000000
    1 6 1 8 1 9 1 10 2 21 2 34
    6 0.000000
    1 7 1 11 1 12 1 13 2 22 2 36

t6A

          Point Charges Before & After Optimization

    no. At.no. q(init) q(opt) ivary d(rstr)/dq
    1 15 1.166200 1.166200 -1 0.000427
    2 8 -0.776000 -0.776000 -1 0.000639
    3 8 -0.776000 -0.776000 -1 0.000639
    4 8 -0.498900 -0.498900 -1 0.000983
    5 8 -0.524600 -0.524600 -1 0.000936
    6 6 0.000000 0.280463 0 0.001679
    7 6 0.000000 0.204837 0 0.002194
    8 1 0.000000 -0.036422 0 0.000000
    9 1 0.000000 -0.004260 0 0.000000
   10 1 0.000000 -0.026177 0 0.000000
   11 1 0.000000 -0.004571 0 0.000000
   12 1 0.000000 0.015549 0 0.000000
   13 1 0.000000 -0.020119 0 0.000000

   14 7 0.000000 -0.249226 0 0.001862
   15 7 0.000000 -0.565783 0 0.000870
   16 7 0.000000 -0.660810 0 0.000748
   17 7 0.000000 -0.633745 0 0.000779
   18 7 0.000000 -0.467952 0 0.001045
   19 7 0.000000 -0.619038 0 0.000797
   20 6 0.202200 0.202200 -1 0.002217
   21 6 0.106500 0.106500 -1 0.003423
   22 6 0.055800 0.055800 -1 0.004366
   23 6 0.000000 0.520048 0 0.000944
   24 6 0.000000 0.263689 0 0.001773
   25 6 0.000000 0.017577 0 0.004925
   26 6 0.000000 0.539716 0 0.000911
   27 6 0.000000 0.459254 0 0.001064
   28 6 0.000000 0.770757 0 0.000643
   29 6 0.000000 0.045717 0 0.004547
   30 6 0.000000 0.788226 0 0.000629
   31 6 0.000000 0.289652 0 0.001632
   32 6 0.000000 -0.245641 0 0.001885
   33 8 -0.354800 -0.354800 -1 0.001356
   34 8 0.000000 -0.682595 0 0.000725
   35 8 0.000000 -0.588242 0 0.000838
   36 8 0.000000 -0.773669 0 0.000641
   37 8 0.000000 -0.775197 0 0.000640
   38 8 0.000000 -0.565972 0 0.000870
   39 8 0.000000 -0.679583 0 0.000728
   40 6 0.067000 0.067000 -1 0.004154
   41 8 -0.613900 -0.613900 -1 0.000804
   42 6 0.039400 0.039400 -1 0.004652
   43 1 0.061500 0.061500 -1 0.000000
   44 1 0.117400 0.117400 -1 0.000000
   45 1 0.067900 0.067900 -1 0.000000
   46 1 0.067900 0.067900 -1 0.000000
   47 1 0.000000 0.445782 0 0.000000
   48 1 0.000000 0.105542 0 0.000000
   49 1 0.000000 0.392933 0 0.000000
   50 1 0.000000 0.064976 0 0.000000
   51 1 0.000000 0.079596 0 0.000000
   52 1 0.000000 0.321907 0 0.000000
   53 1 0.000000 0.009644 0 0.000000
   54 1 0.000000 0.015659 0 0.000000
   55 1 0.000000 0.406936 0 0.000000
   56 1 0.000000 0.089279 0 0.000000
   57 1 0.000000 0.059962 0 0.000000
   58 1 0.000000 0.287201 0 0.000000
   59 1 0.097200 0.097200 -1 0.000000
   60 1 0.418600 0.418600 -1 0.000000
   61 1 0.200700 0.200700 -1 0.000000

ERROR: The unperturbed charge of the unit: -0.111177 is not integral.
WARNING: The unperturbed charge of the unit: -0.111177 is not zero.

Best regards,
Xiaoting