Re: [AMBER] New compile-issue macOS, CPPTRAJ

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 13:48:20 +0000

I have a tendency to waste time solving issues I don’t have to, yes.

> Everything just works for me with the macports GNU compilers, either
> gcc5 or gcc8. But my Desktop machine still has XCode 10.1, rather than

For this point, I don’t have to. I have confirmed the compilation as I had posted on the website (before updating) using MacPorts/Homebrew/HPC and Xcode 10.0-1 and macOS 10.14.0-2. It seems that it was indeed Xcode 10.2 that broke gnu gcc compilation and most likely nothing in a macOS update. This is not an isolated issue as I have noticed more people reporting issues with regards to other compilation processes so I expect someone smarter than me will solve this eventually.

I do have VMs that I can use to run different macOS and Xcode versions with little issue (except the time consumed in the process). If/when I do have time I will try the “bad” combination of macOS and Xcode with macports. I have tried Homebrew gnu gcc 5, 6, 7, and 8 as well as HPC and the previously linked binaries and all of these end up with the same error.

Thank you for all you hard work and your efforts resolving this and allowing us mac users to compile and run amber.

Best regards
// Gustaf