Re: [AMBER] metal-oxide-metal interactions

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 20:44:44 -0400

Hi Arun,

I have not tried to use 12-6-4 to model similar system, the default parameters in 12-6-4 may need to optimize in order to well describe the system.

MCPB.py can be used to fit RESP charges based on QM calculations, but it can not be used to tune VDW parameters based on QM calculations, where the VDW parameters of ions are referred from other works based on the their elements and oxidation states.

This review may be helpful for your research, which has discussed different methods for parameterizing metal ion force fields: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.chemrev.6b00440 <https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.chemrev.6b00440>.

Hope it helps,

Pengfei