Re: [AMBER] New compile-issue macOS, CPPTRAJ

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 10:36:59 -0400

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

>So this turned out to be more of a rant then I intended ....

Before Mojave, one could use almost any gnu compiler (and almost any
version > 4.6) and be as fine as one would be with Linux.

Mojave caused lots of problems, and we were arguably slow in picking up
on them, especially since a lot of developers (including me) had
switched from macports/homebrew to clang.

If you can be patient, we are working hard to get AmberTools19 (due out
this month) to work with as many combinations of compilers and OSX
variants as we can. I'll post info soon on getting release candidates for
people to try out.

[A part of the problem: just saying "mojave" or "macports" is no longer
enough. Mojave systems may or may not have altered headers; macports
has fixed some problems, so that one may need to get updated compilers,
etc.]

....dac