Re: [AMBER] Amber14 installation issue

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:14:19 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019, Alexey Orlov wrote:

>I encountered a problem with the installation of Amber14 and
>AmberTools15 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.

Suggestions:

1. Install AmberTools18, and (optionally) Amber18. These work fine with
the default compilers and setup for Ubuntu 18.04, and probably with
gcc6.5 as well.

>utilities.cpp: In function ‘bool fexists(const string&)’:
>utilities.cpp:15:11: error: cannot convert ‘std::ifstream {aka
>std::basic_ifstream<char>}’ to ‘bool’ in return
> return f;

2. Comment out the line in AmberTools/src/Makefile that builds the code
in the cphstats folder.

3. It's *possible* that changing line 15 to ' return f.is_open();' will
solve the last remaining problem you are seeing.

I recommend suggestion 1 ahead of suggestions 2/3. *Lots* of improvements
have been made in the past 3+ years.

Note that you can prepare and analyze systems using AmberTools18, and
still use pmemd from Amber14 as the MD engine.

....good luck....dac