[AMBER] Use of LIE command in cpptraj error

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 20:28:50 +0000

Hi users,
I am trying to setup a LIE calculation of a protein+ligand in solution(TIp3P water)
My lie.in file is ----->
parm com_water.prmtop (this is the complex solvated topology file)
trajin prod*.mdcrd (these are the complex explicit solvent production trajectories)
strip :Na+ (i am stripping na+)
lie RAL :241 :1-240 out lie.out (My ligand residue name is RAL and it is residue no 241, 1-240 is the protein residue numbers)
run
write Eelec.dat RAL[EELEC]
write Evdw.dat RAL[EVDW]

I get the output file lie.out which is as follows: ( i am attaching only 20 lines)

#Frame RAL[EELEC] RAL[EVDW]
       1 -43.8652 -63.7259
       2 -46.0571 -60.5788
       3 -36.7738 -61.5817
       4 -39.8252 -63.9710
       5 -51.7435 -53.1461
       6 -43.4511 -55.3070
       7 -33.3594 -61.6698
       8 -43.0184 -61.2441
       9 -33.4903 -62.0163
      10 -35.9071 -56.7356
      11 -39.2187 -58.4053
      12 -36.8213 -58.3399
      13 -43.3488 -58.7945
      14 -40.0449 -61.7563
      15 -42.9230 -59.1834
      16 -34.9556 -62.3135
      17 -35.9952 -60.6891
      18 -33.1894 -60.4609
      19 -36.8168 -54.5597
      20 -37.9153 -61.9208

  1. In LIE we are supposed to run ligand in water also. where in cpptraj do I do trajin of the sole ligand trajectory in water?
  2. Do I need to write a script using equation coefficient_Alpha * EElec + coefficient_beta* Evdw + gamma = delG(bind) ? (as I m trying to find free energy of binding)
  3. Cant we have a little tutorial on this like we have for MMPBSA. it will help users to start up and set these types of calculations with ease.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Regards