Re: [AMBER] pairwise command in cpptraj

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:44:39 -0500

Hi,

The pairwise command is available in cpptraj version 12. However,

1) Version 12 is several years out of date. I highly recommend you update.
2) The 'pairwise' command was really designed to look at single pairs
- doing each water molecule will require some scripting on your part.
3) The 'pairwise' command uses an extremely simple nonbonded model (no
cutoff, no periodicity), so the energies you obtain aren't going to
really match what the actual system would "feel". That's not to say
you can't get any useful information this way, but keep it in mind.
You may want to use a more sophisticated tool for water analysis
instead like GIST (available in later versions of cpptraj).

-Dan