Re: [AMBER] QMMM differences between AMBER PM3 and Orca PM3

From: GiovanniMaria Piccini <giovannimaria.piccini.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:46:21 +0100

Hi David,

>Why? The difference is just a constant (for any given system). In what
>way does a change in the zero of energy change your analysis?

I totally agree with you.
This is why I am even more surprised when I make the difference of the same
snapshots total energy for the two different approcahes.
In principle I should get a constant for every point.
Instead I get large differences.
In the figure below I report this energy difference for a reactive
trajectory of the SN2 reaction CH3Cl +F- -> CH3F + Cl-
[image: Screenshot from 2019-02-04 10-14-26.png]

I shifted the data of 21220 kcal/mol to make it more readable.
I am puzzled, maybe I am making a terrible mistake but I do not really
understand where.

I attach the two directories with the inputs that I used to run the code.
If you have time to have a look it would be great.

I run the trajectory using the following sander command

mpirun sander.MPI -O -i 03_Prod.in -o 03_Prod.out -p solvated.prmtop -c
02_Heat.rst -y test_traj_stride.mdcrd -x 03_Prod.mdcrd -inf 03_Prod.info

therefore it should be straightforward to test.
I hope this is not too annoying for you.

Best,
Giovanni
 amber_pm3.targz
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_fuSNDGS3JilHTQBZwNUurCbEs4fWXOb/view?usp=drive_web>