Re: [AMBER] Unusual separation between protein and ligand

From: Stephan Schott <schottve.hhu.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:41:30 +0100

Hi,
The issue is that autoimage considers the first molecule (in this case
probably only one monomer) of the system to center and image. How are you
measuring the distance anyway? Cpptraj should correct considering images by
default if I'm not wrong. You could try either centering and imaging things
yourself, or check if unwrapping your trajectory does the trick. As
Stephane said, check the manual for commands regarding this. An idea could
be
center :monomer_resids
image
center :dimer_resids
image
center :trimer_resids
and so on until you cover the pentamer, and then trajout. If your box is
too tight might not work, but might be worth a try.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,

Stephan Schott Verdugo
Biochemist