Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py error with HEME containing protein

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:21:16 -0500

Hi Prasanth,

The correction you did for the FE.mol2 file is right. According to the the message you provided, I guess it is because the atom name problem in your PDB file, in which you have an atom name with “1” as the first letter.

The following contents from the webpage http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy_heme.htm <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy_heme.htm> could be helpful:

Generally we need a PDB file of the protein, which should employ the format of PDB version 3.0  <http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/UsersGuide/tutorials/pdbintro.html>and be consistent with the AMBER naming scheme for residues (e.g. HID, HIE, HIP for HIS). We also need to prepare mol2 files for non-standard residues (such as the metal ion, water and ligand).

Meanwhile, in order to make MCPB.py recognize the atoms well, if you have atoms have atom names capitalized with numbers in your original PDB file (applies for protein or ligand), please change these atom names to atom names capitalized with their element symbols (for example, change "2HA1" to "HA12", change "1HAA" to "HAA1") in the PDB file before performing following steps.

After solving these potential issues, please regenerated the corresponding mol2 files which are relevant to this issue. And try “MCPB.py -i 3ln1.in -s 1” again, to see whether it works.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei