Re: [AMBER] PCA Analyze mode evec.pev

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 11:28:44 -0500

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:01 AM Shirin Jamshidi
<shirinjamshidi.gmail.com> wrote:
> *Error:*
> Error: 'evec.pev' not found: Modes should be read in prior to this command
> with 'readdata'

This is the key error message: you need to read 'evec.pev' in prior to
issuing it as a command. Normally I try to maintain backwards
compatibility at all costs, but in this case I changed the syntax
slightly in order to support improvements to the underlying data
set/data file framework (see postscript for more details). This error
message was supposed to let you know what needs to be done to fix
things but I should make it more descriptive.

All you need to do is add 'readdata evec.pev' prior to all of your
'analyze modes' commands and everything should work.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

PS - Previously, the way your script would work under the hood is that
ptraj/cpptraj would load the file each time an 'analyze modes' command
was given. In the new code each 'analyze modes' command will use the
single loaded file.