Re: [AMBER] Can't put position restrains on ions

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 19:09:53 +0000

Okay. Thank you for the information. You should definitely check the things Dave suggested to make sure that the restraints are being read in properly and being applied.

However is it possible that your ions are staying in place and other atoms are moving? This would change the distances between the atoms. Perhaps make a movie of multiple frames and see if the ion stay in place (you will need to RMS fit all frames to a common frame though).

Alternatively, if your goal is to keep distance(s) fixed then you could also apply distance restraints (nmropt keyword) instead of positional restraints. Just a suggestion.

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/