Re: [AMBER] Regarding the Targeted MD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:52:42 -0500

see section 20.4 of the Amber18 manual - you should be using tgtfitmask and
tgtrmsmask but I only see tgtrmsmask in your input.
I'm not sure what would happen when you also turn on positional restraints
as you have done here (using ntr=1 and restraintmask)- it might work, but
it might not depending on how that matches the other masks. I don't have
the ability to check the code right now.
what does the beginning of the output say about the targeted md part? does
it give a fitmask?

to check and see if it's working, the best way is to use cpptraj to do the
rmsd fit to the same reference structure that you gave the md code, using
the same mask as you use for tgtfitmask, and then calculate the rmsd next
using the tgtrmsmask but including the "nofit" flag. The resulting data
stream should match what you asked the md to do (though it's unlikely that
it can reach exactly 0 rmsd).