Re: [AMBER] Regarding output file processing of temperature replica exchange

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:10:06 -0500

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:14 AM Rajarshi Roy <phd1701171011.iiti.ac.in> wrote:
> Warning: Replica# found lower than file specified with trajin.
> Warning: Found "remd_glycanD.mdcrd.001"; 'trajin remdtraj' requires
> lowest # replica.

This warning is letting you know what is going wrong. By default, the
way 'trajin remdtraj' is supposed to work is you specify the "lowest"
member of the ensemble (in this case its remd_glycanD.mdcrd.001 as
evidenced by the fact that you don't see the warning for this file)
and cpptraj searches for the rest based on file name numerical suffix.
This is all detailed in the 'trajin' entry in the cpptraj part of the
Amber manual - there is even a subsection dedicated to replica
trajectory processing.

So to summarize, you don't need to 'trajin' each individual member of
the ensemble, just the lowest one.

-Dan