Re: [AMBER] REMD: What can I do with much larger replicas than the number of processors

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 14:37:29 -0500

Hi Zhonghua, just to add to the good info that Vinicius sent, I would be
concerned about running T-REMD on a protein of 88 amino acids. If you want
to keep the protein folded this might work (if you restrain most of it),
but without some sort of restraints it may unfold at higher temperature. I
am not aware of any applications of T-REMD on protein folding for a protein
of this size in explicit water, at least not using normal processors. You
may need to explore other methods to get the information that you need.
People here might be able to help if you can share a little more about what
you want to do.