Re: [AMBER] CpH simulation- error reading charges in long cpin file

From: Amy Rice <arice3.hawk.iit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 14:49:47 -0500

Thank you for the help! I first tried running finddgref.py with
3_site.cpin, and had the STATENE as 0.000000,DELTAGREF,DELTAGREF,DELTAGREF,
as you mentioned. However, the problem is not with finddgref.py directly,
but with the constant pH simulation step in amber. To simplify
troubleshooting, then, I switched to running CpH simulation and set the
reference energies all back to 0 as they are in the cpin files I provided.

The commas I mentioned are from the error that is output when I run with
the 3 site cpin files-
"Cannot match namelist object name
0.090.09-0.180.090.09-0.180.090.09-0.180.09"

The object name it is trying to match
(0.090.09-0.180.090.09-0.180.090.09-0.180.09) is a series of the charges
from my cpin file, but the commas are missing. The commas are present in
the cpin file, but for some reason they are not being recognized when the
file is being read in. This only occurs with the 3 site cpin files
(3_site.cpin and 3_site_copy.cpin), but not the 1 site or 2 site versions.
I hope this clarifies the problem I am having!