Re: [AMBER] Amber force field for non-natural amino acids

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:06:35 -0400

The charge distributions of D and L are the same during fitting (since they
are just mirror images) so the partial charges are the same. They would
interact with other chiral molecules differently, but so would the same
ligand docked in 2 poses. So it's the same as the rest of our
electrostatics model. The only real concern is making sure the dihedral
parameters have the right phases to be invariant to the D/L change,and
that's been tested.