Re: [AMBER] does surf command use for stripped trajectory?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:27:56 -0400

Hi,

If you strip a trajectory prior to 'surf', the 'surf' command doesn't
know that things were stripped and considers the molecule as a whole.
If you want to get an estimation for how much a portion of a molecule
contributes to the overall surface area you will need to keep the
molecule intact and specify a mask to 'surf' containing the atoms you
are interested in.

Keep in mind however that the LCPO method is extremely approximate, so
vet your results carefully.

-Dan