Re: [AMBER] GIST calculation

From: Steven Ramsey <vpsramsey.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 11:31:02 -0400

Hello,

To my knowledge the updates to the GIST code in AmberTools16/17 make it
compatible with the parallel version of CPPTRAJ, though I have not
personally ran the code parallel, would be worth a shot to try.

Another alternative is to break up the GIST region of interest into smaller
sub-regions and run GIST on the smaller regions in serial, we have a helper
script for this that we call biggergist and is summarized in the updated
tutorial in section 4f (bottom of page):
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial25/section4.htm. There is a
slight overhead for running the code to break up the regions and recombine
them at the end, but otherwise the biggergist approach scales linearly with
cpu's.

Hope this helps,

--Steve