Re: [AMBER] implement_revised_RNA_force_field_general rule?

From: Antonio Amber Carlesso <antonio.amber.carlesso.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 13:41:52 +0200

Hi all again,

Yes, you were absolutely helpful..

Yes, the idea should be to modify the atom types (and not the atom name) in
order to treat the force field for RNA only..

If understand correctly (and hopefully that should be a possible summary
useful for everyone):

-Tleap reads the unit names from pdb file

- It finds the corresponding ones in the lib file

                      Consequences:

                      - changing atom charges should not be a “huge” problem

- More caution should be taken when we are “modifying” parameters
corresponding to atom types

                      Possible strategy specific for our case:

- create 4 prepin files, one for each RNA bases with modified atom types
for those atoms that are touched by the new parameters.

for example adding R at the end:

 *i.e.* O2 -> O2R

- create a frcmod files with the new parameters with those “R”-atom types