Re: [AMBER] About calculating entropy in MM_PB/GBSA using mm_pbsa.pl

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 09:12:45 -0400

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018, 龚乾坤 wrote:

> There are two modes (the NAB implementation of nmode is used or the
> "original" nmode implementation is used.) to calculate entropy in
> MM_PB/GBSA.
>
> I have used these methods to compute entropy, however, I find there is a
> huge difference between NAB_nmode and original nmode. So, I want to ask:
> First, why arise huge difference between them ? Second, I wang to know
> which is more accuracy about two modes.

My guess is that the NAB nmode calculation is using GB, whereas the
(very old) nmode code doesn't know anything about GB.

> # DIELC - (Distance-dependent) dielectric constant (if IGB = 0)

> can you explain the meaning about DIELC - (Distance-dependent)
> dielectric constant (if IGB = 0)? and why DIELC=4 ?

As the message above (tries to) indicate: DIELC is ignored unless IGB=0;
but you have IGB=1. So it doesn't matter what value for DIELC is
provided.

I'd recommend using gb and the NAB version of nmode: it should be more
correct, since it incorporates a notion of solvent screening via GB.

....dac