Re: [AMBER] checkmolecule.c

From: John Kulp <jlkulpjr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:35:27 -0400

Scott -- The attached file was the output of the antechamber bondtype
program. Curiously, in Amber16, all the bond types in the output file were
only single or double bonds. It might be the case that bond types in the
input file (bfd_atoms.ac) to bondtype are getting propagated to the output
file? The bondtypes in the input file come from our own atom/bond typing
software which was developed 3-4 years ago to support atom types for our
solvation model. Our bond typer handles certain, rare chemical structures
better than the antechamber bondtype program. This is based on running
both programs on our fragment database of ~4,000 fragments. I'm hoping to
run both ours and antechamber on the whole zinc database sometime soon for
further comparison. As you probably know, bond type assignments using just
valence constraints are occasionally ambiguous, but can be further resolved
by rules of thumb (neutral preferred over charged) or ultimately QM.
-- John