Re: [AMBER] tleap_protein_preparation_general_rule

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:48:08 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Antonio,

Just to add on this comment...

> [ to resolve, since I was not able to identify which amino-acid gives me
> error, I delete all the hydogens and then they were successfully added
> later on from tleap! ]

Notice that leap informs you the exact residue numbers in the warning message:

> *Created a new atom named: HE2 within residue: .R<GLU 613>*
> *Created a new atom named: HE2 within residue: .R<GLU 1421>*

In this case 613 and 1421... the numeration corresponds to the residue indexes in the topology (starting from 1), which may differ from the biological (PDB) sequence.

You can get the PDB/AMBER equivalence by using the following command:

pdb4amber -i yourPDB.pdb

And then looking at file "stdout_renum.txt" (first two columns correspond to PDB, second two to AMBER topology)

I'm pointing this because of David's important comment:

> ...residue "GLU" implies that they are deprotonated.
> You would need to edit the PDB file, probably to change GLU to GLH.
> (It's also possible to decide that the best fix is to delete the HE2
> atoms....it's up to you...

I certainly don't know about your system, but "solving" an error message doesn't mean solving a system issue... (e.g. a charged residue inside a hydrophobic pocket may be dramatic for the protein structure)

You may find some other hints by reading all threads from this mail [http://archive.ambermd.org/201807/0149.html]

Best,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/laboratorios-eng/lsbm]
[http://www.sirahff.com]