Re: [AMBER] QM/MM Thermodynamic Integration

From: James Kress <jimkress_58.kressworks.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 11:16:45 -0400

You cannot use mpirun with Orca.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: emanuele <falbo.emanuele.gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:45 AM
To: amber.ambermd.org
Subject: [AMBER] QM/MM Thermodynamic Integration

Dear users,

I am trying to get the free energy for a reduction A + e- → A- using the Thermodynamic Integration (TI) in SANDER.

When running a classical TI in SANDER everything goes well, but I am unable to do the same when the system is treated at QM/MM level ( ORCA is used for the QM part).

I am running sander in serial on two jobs :

mpirun -n 2 /$AMBERHOME$/sander.MPI -ng 2 -groupfile model_step1.group "

but the error, which I get, makes me think that there's a problem with recalling MPI .

"Open MPI does not support recursive calls of mpirun" (ORCA error).

In fact, I know that multisander works calling MPI, so when using more than 1 CPU-core in ORCA (Quantum package), there is a conflict in calling recursively MPI.

Do you have any idea about fixing the problem, ?

Cheers,

Emanuele