Re: [AMBER] Restraints on a system

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 17:11:48 -0300 (UYT)

Other useful paper from Chris... [https://cdn-pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/ct400273t]

Best

Matias

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Matias Machado" <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Para: "AMBER Mailing List" <amber.ambermd.org>
Enviados: Sábado, 11 de Agosto 2018 17:06:43
Asunto: Re: [AMBER] Restraints on a system

Dear Debarati,

As far as I know AMBER can't apply positional restrains on individual coordinates (x, y or z) as GROMACS can do... (which is very useful for equilibrating membranes)

Nevertheless, I don't think that is the correct way to go on your problem... as you would be restricting the protein tumbling and translation the resulting conformation will be highly dependent on the initial system's conformation... not to mention that you would be introducing artificial forces on the system to number some issues...

If you want to accelerate the sampling on a particular reaction coordinate for study a given phenomena then you should explore other MD techniques rather than a plane simulation...

For example, take a look at this paper from Christopher Chipot's group [https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jctc.7b00791]

Read the AMBER manual for available options... other techniques can be perform on AMBER though PLUMED [http://www.plumed.org]

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/laboratorios-eng/lsbm]
[http://www.sirahff.com]