Re: [AMBER] sander.MPI running on only one node

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:20:20 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Leena,

Which command lines (or scripts) are you using? I guess you are running on a cluster, so... is there any chance you have messed up with the queue commands?

In any case... running sander on 54 nodes (>500 processors!!!) may be very bad in terms of performance (it generally won't scale much beyond 32 cores or so), you better read some advises from mailing list... for example follow all threads in these mails:

[http://archive.ambermd.org/201110/0432.html]
[http://archive.ambermd.org/201609/0451.html]

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/laboratorios-eng/lsbm]
[http://www.sirahff.com]