Re: [AMBER] cpptraj / ambpdb only selected atoms / residues

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 12:23:54 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM Simon Kit Sang Chu
<simoncks1994.gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an option to cpptraj write / ambpdb only selected atoms in
> rst (CDF format)?
>
> strip command in cpptraj seems to only alter the topology file and the
> outputted pdb still contains the stripped atoms.

In the future it's better if you report the exact input you used with
cpptraj - that helps us get a better idea of what may be going wrong.

The 'strip' command will modify both the topology and coordinates. If
I wanted to write a PDB containing only CA atoms for example, I might
use something like the following input:

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
strip !.CA parmout strip.parm7
trajout strip.nc

After this, strip.nc will contain only atoms named CA, and strip.parm7
will be the corresponding stripped topology.

Hope this helps,

-Dan