Re: [AMBER] Error for Amber16 and Amber tools 17 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 09:41:34 -0400

On Sat, Aug 04, 2018, maryam azimzadehirani wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. We tried to solve the issue. We are currently
> getting this error:

> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

This is not going to be easy to solve, and may not even be an Amber
problem. You should do a Google search on "collect2: ld terminated with
signal 11" to get background; but basically the "ld" system program
should not be segfaulting, even with bad inputs.

What OS and compiler are you using? Have you loaded the systems
libraries recommended here?

    http://ambermd.org/Installation.php

Do you have access to some other machine to try the installation on?
That might help identify the problem.

....dac