[AMBER] Change in boxlength during memebrane simulation

From: somdev pahari <somdevpahari1.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 20:29:19 +0530

Hi All,

I am new to membrane simulation and also in amber. I am using AMBER 12.0
with AMBER 18 tools. The lipid is DMPC. For lipid I have used lipid17 and
for water TIP3P model.
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial16/index.html>

After minimization the box dimension was 70.617000 70.847000 72.789300.
My simulation temperature is 300 K. Now after 70ns production run I notice
that my box dimension is 50.049 81.694 61.070. I am unable to understand
why this change happens. Is it normal behaviour for membrane or not or
there has a any kind of mistake for set up the system? Below, I have shown
the input file for production run, also I have attached the snapshot of the
system after minimization and the corresponding system after it reaches
70ns production run and the graph for varying box dimension.

Input File:

Lipid npt_production 300K
 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  ntx=5,
  irest=1,
  ntc=2,
  ntf=2,
  tol=0.0000001,
  nstlim=500000,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntpr=1000,
  ntwr=1000,
  ntwx=500,
  dt=0.001,
  ig=-1,
  ntb=2,
  ntp=2,
  cut=10.0,
  ioutfm=1,
  ntxo=2,
 /

Kindly, help me
Thanks in advance

Somdev Pahari
Research fellow
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
Odisha
India